Is dry verge tiling worth it?

Hi, me again, I am sorry if this is becoming boring, but is it right that to fit the dry fix you must remove all the masonary from the gable end of the building as now I have a worse leak than before!!

Sponsored Links
Hi

yes all the concrete must be removed, if its still leaking then you must have a cracked tile. :(

Dry verges are fairly easy to fit and inexpensive too. You can buy some on eBay for very little, including top brands like Klober. Just search eBay for "klober dry verge". Some of the sellers are in the industry too and so can offer advice if required.

Sponsored Links
Dry verge and dry ridge are quick fix .they are products introduced because traditional skills have been lost. The problem with these they do not prevent insect infestation and fall off. Have a go at mortar with pva &plasticiser they used to add animal hair as a binder. if you can`t find this get your missus to have a Brazilian or go to the pet parlour a handful fibre mesh will do to prevent cracking. it`s cheaper I`ve worked with scot roofers

marty-i-think-we-are-back-to-the-old-thread.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back