Is it cheaper to leave Combi boiler on 24/7 or on timer

I'd say the best answer to this would be a programmer with a setback anticipator (or optimised start.)

That way, you can have your heating COMPLETELY off during the day if your house is unoccupied (apart from maybe the cat). The optimiser will still get your comfort level for when you return, so you won't be sat there cold while the boiler gives it some to get the house warm.

Even if you turn down to 15C when you're away, your still wasting energy maintaining that temperature for no good reason.

I found a happy medium at 18C for when I'm at home, and 10C when away or during the night - all without too much grief from the missus, much to my suprise.

Sponsored Links
All true, but if your house is well insulated (and it should be these days) then the temperature should not drop to outside temperature overnight, despite the heating being off.

Our house has thick rockwool insulation in the loft, double glazing throughout, and rockwool cavity wall insulation. If it's freezing outside then yes, it gets chilly by the early hours, but tucked up in bed -- no problem.

Cheers,

Big Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back