Is it normal for pressure on a Combiboiler to go up?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal for the pressure on a Combi boiler to go up when heating the radiators? Usually from 1.6Bar normal to 2.4 Bar after two hours or so at the highest ive seen it!?

Hello every one...

I have a new combination boiler and i have noticed the pressure starts going up when in use for a a few hours heating the radiators, usually from 1.6 bar out of use to 2.4 bar after a few hours use then when its turned off it tends to go back down again. Is this fluctuation normal?

Thanks in advance.

Christian

Sponsored Links
Yes, when it heat up, the water expanded, causing pressure to rise. There is an expansion vessel inside boiler that take care of expansion. This is normal.

Only if you have water coming out of pipe from PRV ( pressure relief valve ) outside then you have a problem.

Daniel. :)

The expansion vessel can deplete over time and this can be an indicator to tell you to have the boiler serviced. The expansion vessel would be re charged as part of the service.
Jeff

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel can deplete over time and this can be an indicator to tell you to have the boiler serviced. The expansion vessel would be re charged as part of the service.
Jeff

Boiler is brand new....;)

Daniel.

I've fitted boilers (and expansion vessels) in the past where the vessel has been flat and required charging during installation.

James.

or you simply just find on some larger systems, the EV just aint big enough. love the line from a grant oil boiler rep onece. they even said this to the boys at the merchants etc . the boilers EV is for the boiler not the system :rolleyes:

or your ev hose is starting to get blocked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back