Is it possible to integrate a standard undercounter fridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My integrated undercounter fridge has broke and I am currently looking for a cheap alternative.

From looking around at Currys/Comet etc integrated fridges seem to be at least £80 more expensive than their undercounter 'non integrated' equivalents.

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a standard undercounter fridge so it integrates into the kitchen unit. I was thinking some sort of door conversion would be available but google doesnt bring up much.

Many thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
Unless your current worktop has the depth for the fridge to be recessed back and a door put on front, hinged separately your out of luck.

A standard worktop is generally around 600mm deep you would need preferable around 700mm of depth to recess a standard fridge far enough back to fit a door over. Alot of work, so you might be better just searching round for a better deal on the integrated fridge to suit.

Gobz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back