Is it possible to overide wall control unit for Worcester Bosch Boiler

CSW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi boiler which was fitted in 2011 with no issues until today.

The heating is controlled by a wall mounted Worcester Digistat, I changed the batteries yesterday and it came back on OK but today I am getting an error code which just says E15 (small 5 or possibly S) non of the buttons are active and removing the batteries and re-inserting has no effect. We have tried to re-set the link between the boiler and the unit but the boiler display gives the displays it should do (as stated in the instructions) but the Digistat either reads Rf when we insert the batteries while holding down + or the error code.

I think we may need to replace the digistat but in the meantime is there any way that we can override the unit and just switch the heating on direct from the boiler (the house is freezing!!).

The hot water is working fine by the way.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Catherine

Sponsored Links
Please don't take offence, but did you put the batteries in the right way? My neighbour had trouble with a similar stat that was traced to the batteries and I had to look very carefully to find the markings for polarity on the unit, nearly did it wrong ! :)

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me but unfortunately the batteries are in the right way.

Thanks again,
Catherine

Is it the digistat with square buttons and slide out battery trays?, often replacing batteries bends the batt contacts.

Sponsored Links
Is the reciever built into the boiler or do you gave an external one?

It's built into the boiler on the front panel.

No, nothing obvious. I don't think we can do it. My husband phoned Worcester yesterday and got no joy. They said the unit needs to be replaced and said that there is no way to overide (which is pretty rubbish, in my opinion).

I am thinking that maybe the battery contacts are bent. There isn't much on the net about this type of fault but anything I have seen has occurred within hours of changing the battery so by my extremely limited technical deduction it's either something physical, e.g. the battery contacts or the battery change has somehow caused the program to fault, in which case it should be able to be reset.

I'm going to have a look at the battery contacts.

Thanks,
Catherine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back