is it time to abandon the uk

G

gareth43

how many of you would gladly leave the uk for a better life abroad, i know i would if only the property market here would sort itself out i cant go untill i can sell my house and i cant sell my house untill banks stop offering ****ee morgateges, so not fair

Sponsored Links
I should have left 40 years ago - a M8 went to Aus but came back - should`ve gone with and probably would have stayed

What makes you think you'd have a better life abroad?

Sponsored Links
i was going to a few years ago but after looking into it and all the bad points i moved to cornwall, love it here, nice to look over the gate and see nothing but fields

Many parts of the UK make me feel that I am already in another country.

Few more years to go, then I'm off to rural France. A friend went 2 years ago, and couldn't be happier. He has a far better quality of life, with a nice cottage and several acres in a fantastic area. He could never afford this in the UK.

If Joe90 thinks the Uk is as good as it gets, he obviously hasn't travelled.

Many parts of the UK make me feel that I am already in another country.

Few more years to go, then I'm off to rural France. A friend went 2 years ago, and couldn't be happier. He has a far better quality of life, with a nice cottage and several acres in a fantastic area. He could never afford this in the UK.

If Joe90 thinks the Uk is as good as it gets, he obviously hasn't travelled.

Off to a better life in a foreign country, sounds familiar. :LOL:
Ive lived in rural France and loved every minute of it, you wont regret it. Any particular area? Parles-tu français? Il peut être difficile de s'intégrer à la communauté locale dans la France rurale.

Only schoolboy French at present. Will have to get down to it.

Areas- southern Limousin across to Bordeaux. Not decided exactly.

Think it's called white flight. ;)

Would swap my Farah's for bermuda shorts in a flash!!

but sadly my kids are young are only in infants

Plan to be living my bungalow life in Spain

;)

Only schoolboy French at present. Will have to get down to it.

Areas- southern Limousin across to Bordeaux. Not decided exactly.

Think it's called white flight. ;)

I found the City's to be harder to get by in , Paris was a tough nut to crack. Rural France can be a bit red neckish but it's generally a mixed bag, I'm sure you will do just fine once they see you are making the effort. I was a bit south of Lyon so not a million miles away from where you intend to go, It's beautiful country around there.

I've thought about it a couple of times, New Zealand sounds reasonable (a bit like Australia except most of the native flora and fauna aren't trying to kill you), and my company is global with offices out there so I could probably get a job.

Thing is though the way I see things, the whole world is in a bit of a mess and I honestly dont think its going to improve for a long long time, and for all the grumbling we might do about the Government, Taxman, Police, DVLA, NHS and thieving chavs in this country, when the crap really hits the fan, I'd rather be in the UK than anywhere else where I'd ultimately be considered a foreigner.

how many of you would gladly leave the uk for a better life abroad, i know i would if only the property market here would sort itself out i cant go untill i can sell my house and i cant sell my house untill banks stop offering ****ee morgateges, so not fair

I reckon the majority of the population have considered moving abroad at some point (not including the scroungers of course). The thing is, if you moved to a foreign speaking country there would still be the same corruption, unfairness, red tape, the same old sh*t basically but at least it would all be in a foreign language so you wouldn't know. :LOL:

Yer but all that would be so easy to put up with as long as you had sunny weather, life in shorts man thats what its all about "life in shorts"!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back