Is it time to to ban vintage air shows?

I can't believe that in this age of nanny state, where you are not allowed to go 4 rungs up a ladder unless you have a certificate; that someone is allowed to show off in a military killing machine over your house.

its a privately owned plane it has no active equipment on it so describing it as a "military killing machine" is as rellivent as calling a car a killing machine
any vehicle in the wrong hands is a killing machine

Sponsored Links
I agree that a car is also a killing machine. So if I drove my car to the middle of a town then started to drive around in circles doing 'doughnuts', then accidently killed a child, that would be acceptable would it? After all, these things happen don't they. And anyone not wishing to get run over could avoid the area.

Obviously, it would be irresponsible, as is performing aerobatics over a populated area.

I am beginning to wonder what would be unacceptable to those who think last Saturday's disaster is just bad luck.

He didn't like my example of Lee Rigby's murder even though only one person has been killed in this manner and Adebolajo and Adebowale thought it acceptable.
Presumably that is because he has been told that murder is illegal (not banned - for Dr.Jim).

I agree that a car is also a killing machine. So if I drove my car to the middle of a town then started to drive around in circles doing 'doughnuts', then accidently killed a child, that would be acceptable would it? After all, these things happen don't they. And anyone not wishing to get run over could avoid the area.

Obviously, it would be irresponsible, as is performing aerobatics over a populated area.

It's the killer post, folks. The argument is won.

Sponsored Links
. So if I drove my car to the middle of a town then started to drive around in circles doing 'doughnuts', then accidently killed a child, that would be acceptable would it?
Acceptable? No.
However, if you paid to go watch this spectacle and was made aware that there would be spectator risks, whilst knowing that danger exists but also a thrill, then I guess a lot would say what the heck, let's go.

Deffo not acceptable but no surprise that spectators die at these events also.

. So if I drove my car to the middle of a town then started to drive around in circles doing 'doughnuts', then accidently killed a child, that would be acceptable would it?
Acceptable? No.
However, if you paid to go watch this spectacle and was made aware that there would be spectator risks, whilst knowing that danger exists but also a thrill, then I guess a lot would say what the heck, let's go.

Monaco is populated.

Acceptable? No.

Yes but the people killed on the road had not paid to take part.

Like the fella who was driving past in his limo on his way to pick up a bride and got wiped out?

Does your definition of negligence include reckless endangerment?

the law off the land will decide that not me
we should wait for the facts it is possible he may have tried in vain but was unable

Tried in vain not to do a loop the loop over a busy road but was unable to stop himself....is that what you mean?

Sponsored Links
Back