Is it worth Painting over Bathroom tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hosue i have just moved into has a completely tiled bathroom and the tiling has been done to a very high standard.

unfortunately the tiles are a fogey greenish colour:(

Is it worth painting over them or will it just look rubbish or should i just re tile?

Sponsored Links
My sister painted hers & to my surprise, they actually don’t look too bad as long as you don’t look too closely. OK as a stop gap but I can definitely feel yet another family tiling job coming up soon :rolleyes:

well i have to eventually change the whole bathroom suite so will go with a complete new everything.

Sponsored Links
I would leave it as it is if your changing the bathroom soon anyway. You will be wasting your time and money.

Put your time and money to other uses.

Andy

defo leave as it is if you are planning on changing your bathroom suite, i got to be honest i have seen loads and loads of bathroom where the tiles have been painted over and they look carp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back