Is my Room Thermostat Broken??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a house with a Gloworm Micron Boiler and a Drayton RTS1 Room Thermostat. The boiler works fine - hot water and central heating both work. But there is no click when the dial on the room thermostat is turned and hence when heating comes on it just gets hotter and hotter!!

I have taken the cover off the Room Thermostat and it is wired up to the mains correctly (although I haven't checked whether the wires are actually carrying a current). The house is only 2 yrs old so I am assuming the problem is just a broken Room Thermostat. Can anyone confirm this is the likely cause or otherwise before I buy a new RTS1 unit.

Many Thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
I would identify which is the switched live from the roomstat, and carefully test to see what happens when you turn the stat up and down.

If the switched live remains permanently live then you can be confident that the stat isn't switching off.

Many thanks softus. Identified live and not switching off when dial turned - new RTS1 me thinks!

Thats an electronic stat and requires a neutral as well as the live and switched live!

Otherwise no click!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Before condemning the 'stat, test with the switched live wire removed to confirm it isn't been back fed from another part of the installation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back