Is the Koran a book of peace?

DRM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ITMA & Noseall have agreed to debate me as to whether the Koran is a book of peace.

The followers of Islam contend that their religion is a religion of peace.

As their religion is based on the contents of the Koran and the person who wrote it, it stands to reason that the Koran would also have to be a book of peace, if this was the case.

Therefore, I motion that the Koran is not a book of peace!

For the record, I was brought up as a Methodist, but recently converted to Atheism.

I would now like to ask the other two parties to reveal their faith systems, if any.

If anyone else wishes to contribute or ask questions, please do the same.

Sponsored Links
It's as peaceful as the Bible, isn't it?

It doesn't matter anyway, we need people to ignore it.

If you have an hour to watch a debate, come back and tell me who won. Of interest, for me David Wood won hands down.

ITMA & Noseall have agreed to debate me as to whether the Koran is a book of peace.
Is that the first question?
I don't have a faith system. I've said many times before that I'm an indifferent agnostic.

Next question.....................

Sponsored Links
If you have an hour to watch a debate, come back and tell me who won. Of interest, for me David Wood won hands down.
That's about as far as your original thoughts go, as to who won a debate, from a bigoted viewpoint. :rolleyes:

All you're capable of doing is re-posting videos from YouTube. We're all capable of loading YouTube ourselves. we don't need your persistent, consistent and repetitive re-posting of YouTube.
This forum is looking more like a YouTube clone every day.

I don't have a faith system. I've said many times before that I'm an indifferent agnostic.

We should be on the same side then.

That's about as far as your original thoughts go, as to who won a debate, from a bigoted viewpoint. :rolleyes:

All you're capable of doing is re-posting videos from YouTube. We're all capable of loading YouTube ourselves. we don't need your persistent, consistent and repetitive re-posting of YouTube.
This forum is looking more like a YouTube clone every day.

You post em. I'll watch em!

We should be on the same side then.
We could be except that you're an obsessive islamophobe and I will object and argue against racism any day, and all day, if necessary.

I'm still waiting for you to retract your comment:
Every Muslim believes in these things. They say they are not radical extremists, but they believe in Allahu Akbar for example.

I can’t take you seriously anymore!

BTW, that video nails this debate.

I can’t take you seriously anymore!

BTW, that video nails this debate.
That's you failing at multitasking then, or failing to come up with an original comment?

Maybe there's a YouTube video that'll give you some ideas. :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for your retraction.

I was brought up a Catholic and I have never read a passage from the Koran.

Over to you DIM........Have you ever studied or even read from the Koran?

never read the Koran or the bible for that matter

interestingly (or not ?) afaik the Koran is the only (?) text from the main stream(?) religions that actually mentions the environment ??

i.e protecting the environment pretty certain its in there some where ????????

never read the Koran or the bible for that matter

interestingly (or not ?) afaik the Koran is the only (?) text from the main stream(?) religions that actually mentions the environment ??

i.e protecting the environment pretty certain its in there some where ????????
You been to the same watering hole as hawkeye, you both sounding a bit nonplussed.

Sponsored Links
Back