Is there a standard for inserts on 22mm PB pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I got a load of Chinese PB 22mm pipe a couple of years ago (£8 for 50m reels :) ), the plan was to eventually run this in my garden to feed water butts, so that I could keep only one attached to the house and 8 hidden at the bottom, all balanced so the water flows between each, plus I can have hosepipe connectors fitted strategically around the garden.

This works well with old 15mm Speedfit pipe (survived 8 winters and counting), but the flow rate is too slow, so that the feed water butt generally can't empty to the others quick enough, hence the requirement to upgrade to 22mm, this has become particularly apparent over the last couple of storms, where we get a months rain in half an hour.

Now I've finally got round to fit the new pipe, I've reached the problem of inserts, as the brand for the pipe is pretty obscure I was wondering are there standards for pipe inserts, so I could buy, say Speedfit or Floplast, and be fairly confident they'd fit?

thanks

mike

Sponsored Links
There are several different sizes.

You will need to see which ones fit reasonably tightly.

However since you are only dealing with very low pressure I doubt you would have any problems if you did not use any insert.

Tonby

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back