Is there a such a tool....for proping / jacking up items?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a type of small jack device to e.g. hold up a sink under repair or any other item which can be ratched up.

I google searched and even tried ebay but there doesnt seem to be a dedicated DIY tool for such things. Is this the closest I can get?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-TONNE-A...ANTY-CAR-/231126155427?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

No comments about using a piece of cut wood please - I'm looking for something practical and adjustable that can added added pressure in small places as you ratch it up.

Thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Something that is a little smaller and can be placed inside small tight spaces I mean.

Sponsored Links
You don't mention the height of the lift that is required, but what about a hydraulic bottle jack? The bigger ones have the greatest and longest lift capacity.

No comments about using a piece of cut wood please - I'm looking for something practical and adjustable that can added added pressure in small places as you ratch it up.

Thanks.

Ultimately, the wood thing is probably the cheapest, easiest and most practical way to do this. But I won't go into it.

google "cabinet jacks"and you will see a selection. There are some with a kind of fork lift ability ie the forks project as the machine stands off.
But jacking an underfixed/mounted sink requires room to work in the cabinet.

I lifted my kitchen cabinets using a car hydraulic bottle jack & wood. Lift prop & lift again.

reno_bottlejack.jpg

reno_cabinetinstall_flemingneil.jpg

Saved but didnt submit the last comment til now so just saw those pics.

Is that a hydraulic bottle jack? Whats the height of the lifting mechanism?

This looks like exactly what I need...so cheap too, only around £15 on amazon.

Bottle jacks only lift the length of the piston or sometimes twice the length.
The one in your link only lifts about 140mm.
As Diyisfun said, lift, prop and lift again.
A scissor jack would lift a longer lift but still only about 500mm max, and not so stable as a bottle jack.

You should hopefully have a small scissor jack in the spare wheel kit in your car. Jack it up for nothing.

The French stopped giving away spare wheels a few years ago. Too busy striking to make any more probably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back