Is this a problem with my flat roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 18 months ago at the corner edge of my flat roof a bubble appeared under the felt. Since the roof was still under a 10 year warranty the roofing company replaced a section of it. You can see it in the photos below where the felt looks lighter in an oblong piece.

All was good until recently when I noticed a dark thin triangular area, like it is damp, along that same part of the roof. On the underside of the roof the ceiling below is currently dry to the touch with no sign of any water staining. However I am concerned that something might be wrong due to the discolouration/staining (in the photos below) on the upper side of the roof.

Can anyone tell me what this is likely to be?

The roof is now outside the warranty period so I want to avoid calling someone out if this is quite normal.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
P1100279.JPG
P1100280.JPG

Attachments

• P1100281.JPG
    P1100281.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 176
Probably just torch marks from where they re-heated an 'older' roof to fit the new flashing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sponsored Links
It is but it's not going to matter really and may be why the dirty water is flowing out like that rather than running down that edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back