is this a rip off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been quoted £420 to plumb in a cloakroom toilet, small rad and a sink.

existing plumbing is there for rad and sink. Soil pipe is directly accessible for the toilet. Thought this was a bit on the expensive side, any thoughts.

Also, was quoted £600 to line the cloakroom with plasterboard and blank off a doorway (this is a small under stair area 2m long and 1m wide)

Dear or not?

Sponsored Links
>Just been quoted £420
don't seem bad without knowing all the details.

>was quoted £600 to line the cloakroom with plasterboard

don't know how he comes to that figure
how is the plasterboard being fixed ? battern, dot n dab

the details are thus.

They are fitting my kitchen at the moment and moving my boiler from the understair area to the kitchen. I've agreed a separate price for that.

So i asked for a price to install a sink, rad and toilet in the area under the stairs. All the plumbing is already there from the boiler move. Toilet would be mounted on same wall as the soil pipe which is only a few feet away.

The plasterboarding is dot and dab and taped and is no more than 8m sq all in. I forgot to add replacement door jambs and facings for one doorway.

Hi Spec

If you wish to quote, press the quote button which will bring up a box with all the text that you are replying to.

Delete what you do not want but leave the [url ] boxes at the beginning and end.

;)

Sponsored Links
About time you realised that when the phone makes a ringing noise it means you have to pick it up. :LOL:

cheers guys, appreciate any input. :D

anybody care to comment on those prices?

thanks

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back