IS THIS A VIRUS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could some one please help me. When starting my pc i get the following message "The application or DLL C\:WINDOWS\system32\reyakoge.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. there is a blue box across the top with an exe file name - bad image. When i try to close the box it stays open but the exe file name changes. I have to click it about 40 time to get into the pc. each time i click the exe file name changes. Ive tried AVG and Malware bytes but both say there are no infections. Is this a virus or a system error?

Sponsored Links
posters at R[size=3][/size]points said:
PC said...
'...I changed the name and rebooted the computer. the message has now dissapeared. How do i know which program put it there?'

Player3746 said, among other stuff ...
'...Don't delete the file yet - you may eventually find out which application fails to load at some point in the future...'

Seems reasonable advice.

-0-

To see if the file is actually in use- which i suspect it isn't, download the sysinternal suite from microsoft

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb545027.aspx

then run procexp.exe

and go to the find tab and type reyakoge.dll

To stop the message in the first place run autoruns.exe and look for start- up references to it, then untick it and close the program. Additionally untick any programs that you don't want to load at start up, eg quicktime

Sponsored Links
Elsewhere, poster didn't know how to rename a file - so Russinovich and Cogswell will probably not be very useful... But I know what you mean I have pushed 'Autoruns' to little avail here.

:D

Elsewhere, poster didn't know how to rename a file - so Russinovich and Cogswell will probably not be very useful... But I know what you mean I have pushed 'Autoruns' to little avail here.

:D

point taken

Back