Is this an active end of line device? (Fire alarm)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I know of the basic resistor that you attach to the end of sounder and detector circuits, but my fire alarm panel says the following in the instructions:

The End Of Line Resistor must be replaced with Active End Of
Line device if removable smoke/heat detectors are used on the
zone circuit. Please note these units are polarised.

Now this came with my panel (see photos), and want to know if it is one of these Active EOL devices? Also where can I buy/get spare ones from?

Photos Below:

Oh and my panel is a Bardic Zircon 1 zone fire alarm panel.

Sponsored Links
Most active "end of line devices" are fitted inorder to send a message to the panel at regular intervals to confirm that the circuit from panel to "end of line" is intact.

Some send a continuous tone back to the panel but there are other ways of sending the confirmation messag.

Some create and send a voltage spike to the panel, typically 25 to 50 % higher than the voltage the panel puts onto the loop.

Page 6 of this pdf document may help

http://www.gcg-es.com/Principals Products/8 - Morley-AIS/Morley AIS 02 - Fire Detection Systems Guide.pdf

Sponsored Links
Bardic belongs to Honeywell so any Honeywell fire stockist, try ADI or Enterprise security

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back