Is this bend too much for my toilet waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My plumber doesnt really think i can really do this type of bend with a normal 4" pipe. The only options im left with are leaving it where it is (which isnt an option for the wife) or looking into the saniflow option which im not keen on........

is my plumber being too cautious or could a bend like this work ok? It does almost bend back on its self but if there were some type of gradual bend would this help?

any thoughts would be more than welcome.

cheers
kev

Sponsored Links
I have seen plenty of toilets with the waste at the side of the pan which involves three pan connectors (three bends) and they work ok.

Your photos are not too clear Kev??!! However, there appears to be a steel plate joining the two joists at the side of the soil pipe, clearly this is structural.

The wall that is half demolished looks like it could be opened up to accomodate the soil pipe above the floor level. This would certainly involve more Joiner work, but would elemenate structural problems & one bend below the floor & one above at that point.

Sponsored Links
I agree with what you are saying but my bet is there is a combi in that property now (or soon to be fitted)

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back