Is this CWI material OK?

Sponsored Links
It looks like wood fibre, and some forms of it aren't used in external applications..

I think I'd be most concerned about a) how it responds to getting wet and b) why it only goes half way up the wall!

I think FIL is inserting it afterwards. A bit backwards I know.

It was free from a mate in the pub, hence my concern.

I would stop right away, you need to make sure it's the correct insulation otherwise you are going to have major problems in the future. You also need to get it signed off my building control so both the water repellent and the thermal performance must be suitable.

I agree it does look like wood fiber which is normally given a water proof finish or used internally.

Sponsored Links
Try secondsandco for cheap kingspan. Also check with your building control officer as to how he wants the wall made up. It's not just a case of "full fill a cavity with insulation" - all needs to be specific for the job, air gaps as specified (and to be effective as insulation, it needs to be fixed in a particular way)

In terms of insulating afterwards, brick ties make that a really hard thing to do unless it's a blown in product...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back