Is this dodgy work? Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some plasterers redoing my house.

I have a few concerns with their work. If any experienced people would be kind enough to let me know if this is an acceptable way of working I would appreciate it.

I have had a builder block up a fireplace and internal window bricked up and some cables chased into the wall. To build up the brick work to the same level are the rest of the walls they have put a thick layer of spare plaster in the gap (please see photos). This has cracked and some of it is loose. The plasterers said they will skim is with the rest of the room and then I will never notice again.

I am concerned that over time the outer layer may crack. Is this an acceptable way of working? I am fully understanding that it may well be, but I am not expert so would appreciate some impartial advice please.

Sponsored Links
If it's loose then it's no good. Don't worry about the cracks as that was just as it has shrunk when drying, I suspect it will be fine after a skim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back