is this MDF or MDO wood?

Sponsored Links
You don't see much MDO in the UK other than for some shuttering work - it's a plywood core with a thin MDF surface on both sides - and TBH that doesn't look like MDO although the photo is somewhat mushy and it looks almost like it could be chipboard. You also get shuttering stuff which is plywood with a phenolic resin-impregnated fibreboard on the surface which is sometimes referred to as MDO, although to me it's resin-faced plywood - the phenolic resin gives it a reddy-brown face colour

Sponsored Links
Basically i have created a perch if you will in the front garden. Please see photo. the wood was recycled from old wardrobe doors that did have mirrors on but i removed the mirrors and decided to to create the perch. How would i weather proof if this is possible? If its not it didnt cost anything so will see how it does when it rains. Got a feeling it may fall to bits lol. Attached picture of wood on top and underneath!! View media item 92972 View media item 92971

I replied to you at 1pm today in the identical topic you have posted in the IN THE GARDEN section.

Have you bothered to read it?

:rolleyes:

the "wood" :)roll:) was recycled from old wardrobe doors that did have mirrors on but i removed the mirrors and decided to to create the perch. How would i weather proof if this is possible?
It's chipboard. It can't be weatherproofed. It will turn into soggy Weetabix over a relatively short time. When it does throw it away and get yourself some 1in thick softwood which can be acquered and will last longer. Basically the same that Belboz said.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back