Is this new heating quote OK?

FFS :evil: get some other quotes to compare with, how the hell do we know without seeing the damn job, were not clairvoyant :evil: although I dont suppose it will be long until crystal balls are compulsory and we will need a sodding cerificate for that as well :evil:

I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt myself..............................................................

Sponsored Links
Had some other quotes now:

For the exact same spec now £7000 inc vat
Somewhat different to the first quote of £11,300 in vat !!!!!

Had another WB approved chap who took one look at my mains pressure and said 'dont put in a combi or unvented' ... he didnt even quote, told me to think carefully and get back in touch - appreciate his honesty.

British Gas have been the biggest surprise :
They measured flow/pressure and also said dont go for combi or unvented.

BG for a complete new heating system and pipework for 11 rads; new vented cylinder; new cold storage in the loft; and their own branded Gloworm BG 330+ (looks like Flexicom 30sx) was £7600 inc vat. VERY pleasantly surpised ...

Had another WB approved chap who took one look at my mains pressure and said 'dont put in a combi or unvented' ... he didnt even quote, told me to think carefully and get back in touch - appreciate his honesty.

If I were you I'd be going back to this fella.

Sponsored Links
Do you still have to pay Worcester Botch a Premium for an extended warranty. :rolleyes:

Do you still have to pay Worcester Botch a Premium for an extended warranty.

From what I understand any WB approved installer can then get the free 5yr warranty on their boilers.

Its only valid if the boiler is serviced annually.

If you buy one of them Lamborgini boiler's you get a 7 year warranty come's in a choice of 4 colour's to !!! red , black, white or silver , + u get the lambo badge on the front , probably destined to be a future collector's piece , a styling icon ???? :D

Or what about one of them Wolf boiler;s O.P ??? apparently designed by a woman , made in Germany ( vorsprung Durch Teknik ) fitted in the Kremlin , let's face it if it 's good enough for Putin it should be good enough for you :D

I've been quoted £11,300 (£9600 less vat) for a new heating system.
Does this sound about right (South East prices!) ?

Details:
4 bed house .. 2 floors .. removing old single pipe system.
12 Rads + TRV's and all new piping over two floors
Using 22mm flo/returns over most off the house, braching off to rads in 15mm.
Worchester Bosch High Flow 550 boiler.
Removing conventional cylinder and running 22mm to its existing hot connection.

I was initially shocked by the quote expecting a £3K less than that.

Plumber thinks it will take two of them 2 weeks solid.

The boiler is £2K inc vat, and I guess pipework and rads about £1.5-2K
So £5K in labour?

PS: I have carpets already and told plumber making good the flooring is not an issue since I will be replacing with ply.

rad`s cost nothing mate
I got one for £3.00 @ the market - as new :LOL: Local trade plumb shop *gave* me the brackets . Was I ripped off :?: :LOL: :cool:

If I were you I'd be going back to this fella.
Me too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back