is this notifiable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just need to check a couple of things

A neighbour wants to rewire her two downstairs rooms to a ring from what shes telling me there on a radial.

Anyway what I want to know is whether its notifiable work?

All it would require would be to replace the cables and connect to a 32 mcb if available if not i will buy and fit, I dont think its notifiable however certainty is better than guess work.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply

As she is quite old im not sure she will unerstand the whole part p issue but i will explain to her we have to get the council to check the work and issue a certificate.

What do they usually charge for something like this?

thanks

It varies.
Have a look on your Council’s website and / or give the BCO a ring.
At a guess anything between £50 and £250+.
Given the nature of the work, hopefully yours will be at the lower end of their charging scales.
But then it might be a fixed charge no matter what the work is :(
Councils were given no additional government funding to implement Part P, so they must recoup theirs costs with fees.
Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Then again if you where just replacing a "section" of "damaged" cable on the circuit it would not have to be notified. :D

Oh yes.
And frankly my dear, I would not notify this work if I was doing it in my own home.
Who will know about it or care if it’s done properly?
But the OP’s dilemma is that he is (I think) doing it in somebody else’s home…

hehehe as u said guys whos gna know, also whos gna even know if ive even done the work prior to january 31st 2005??

lol cheers for the info guys :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back