Is this the best way to get best flush with least water ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Just got back from the US. Seemed all the toilets I used had a pressure cistern. I took the lid of the one in my hotel room. No water in there ! Just a metal tank that looked quite deadly.

A little research I've found this thing call FLUSHMATE

See how it works here
http://www.flushmate.com/HowItWorks/default.asp

Can I get one in the UK would I want to ?

Sponsored Links
What benefits do you see in having one?. Most modern flush systems will use 6l or less of water, so yo are not going to see much difference there. The only other possible benfit is that it will flush a little further down the pipe.

I felt the same when I first saw these - why aren't they all like that?! Simple, few moving parts, brill.

To put the explanation a different way, they dump the entire cistern contents into the pan very quickly, so the contents always clear very well, which IS the object of the thing. How many times do we hear of pans which don't clear - though most do ok now.

They are a bit noisy, and I wonder how long before the stored air-pressure isn't held overnight because of a leak? Exoensive too I suppose, judging by the amount of chromed brass I saw in the US ones

Sponsored Links
Seems to me to be a very interesting topic.

I'm sure a few other people have viewed this thread and thought 'sod that'.

But the last post hits the nail on the head. Yes a little noisy but my god what a clean flush.

The reason I am so keen, is that I am about to replace my cistern that is from the 60's with a modern one. All moden ones I've used never work and I end up flushing twice and having to use a brush..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back