Is viessmann really worth that much more ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

had some great help so far and had my mind set on a viessmann 200W 35kw boiler, the range is a bit confusing but with weather comp etc and latest B model it comes in a nigh on £1650 with flue.

An intergas combi compact eco rf 36 comes in at around £1200 all in (with flue)

Both seem to be cracking and capable boilers so am I justified in paying £450 more for veissmann, not really sure how much more worth it it can be?
Am I buying ford focus vs rolls royce or focus vs a shiny focus !.

They both seem to do the same job quite adequately, intergas parts maybe cheaper but I would expect both to last for a while before needing them? Have I missed something.

As always to the guys who give time I appreciate your responses and input,
PG

I won't touch Baxi btw, awful experiences with their boilers.

Sponsored Links
Having fitted the latest Viessmann recently with a friend on a project I have to say I was thoroughly underwhelmed.

Interface was pretty enough I suppose, but the boiler was flimsy, the mounting jig a joke.

Last edited:
Hope you have deep pockets if you go for a viessmann, just look at the parts price for your own research ;)

Sponsored Links
Indeed - have a customer with two of the 60kW units in a cascade - both PCBs have failed after 4 years. Total repair cost so far >>>> £1556 assuming there are no other faults. Which there are but not directly boiler related.

Had to get the boards sent in from Germany as there was no UK stock, Viessmann charged £80+VAT for a fast delivery.

Glad it wasn't my spec ;).

20170124_173924.jpg

:LOL:

I won't touch Baxi btw, awful experiences with their boilers.
Which baxi?
Get more for your money nowadays and future breakdowns will be cheaper as well , they have improved tremendously now with one of the best back up as well , :cool:

Noi one we know (apart from me in the Intergas jacket ;) ).

Failed units were installed by a decent contractor and I inherited them on commissioning and for annual servicing. Totally over the top for the place but still.

Which baxi?
Get more for your money nowadays and future breakdowns will be cheaper as well , they have improved tremendously now with one of the best back up as well , :cool:

You gotta be joking....pick the wrong one and the repair bills will be astronomic. EcoBlue Advance pcb/fan module is over £400 for the part alone. Customers must realise they are the test bed for new technology and they will pay through the nose for it...and pgtips is a willing mug :sneaky:

You gotta be joking....pick the wrong one and the repair bills will be astronomic. EcoBlue Advance pcb/fan module is over £400 for the part alone. Customers must realise they are the test bed for new technology and they will pay through the nose for it...and pgtips is a willing mug :sneaky:
i would rather have baxi prices than viessmann (y)
Customers must realise they are the test bed for new technology and they will pay through the nose for it...and pgtips is a willing mug :sneaky:
and i agree :) they are all a rip off tbh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back