ISAR HE24 Boiler issues.

Sponsored Links
No hot tap dripping no... But I do have a minor leak in the ch system - literally a drip or two per hour. My plumber is going to come out and fix this. Will that fix my problem?? Thanks for your help.

Turn off the cold inlet valve under the boiler. (flat screwdriver turns 90d)

If the 'd' disappears then you do have a drip or leak on the hot water circuit somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant! Thankyou for your advice... Did as you said and sure enough, the d dissappears and turns to a c. Also just found the isar fault webpage and it shows that I need to get the leak fixed! Thanks again!!

if your leak is on your heating system that isnt causeing the blr to go to d.

the test you have just proved is you have a leak on your htw domestic pipework or a driping tap.

sorry to be a killjoy :LOL:

Oh dear!! Well... Since the above the the boiler is now heating the ch for 30 seconds before returning to fault d flashing. Consequently the house is warm for the first time in 3 days! Inbetween flashing d faults it goes to a fault c, which seems to kick start it. Any ideas??!!

'd' and 'c' are NOT fault codes.

'd' is telling you the boiler is in dhw mode and 'c' that it is responding to a call for heat from the heating controls.

You have a drip or leak on your HW pipe work it seems.

With the cold isolated under the boiler, it should remain on 'c' all the time the heating is on, apart from possibly going to 't' occasionally.

Other than this you should see '0' if there is no demand from anything.

Yes, with the cold off only c appears. It does seem to be working now... Since shutting off the cold first time round then opening it up again. Tho the blue light keeps flashing and the boiler clicks on and off. Should it be doing this? I guess it should click on and off - but the blue light usually only flashes when its going wrong!! Sorry to pester!

like dave said.. d is for domestic htw c is call for heat from external controls an t is for pre heat when the wtr in the plate drops below 30 degrees. so by turning off the isolation vlv on the cold in will stop the blr showing d & it should stay on c t or 0 this will prove you have a leak on your htw pipework etc.

repair leak an hey presto:cool:

hi cananyone help me, i have an ideal isar condenser boiler and it seems to be dripping water from the dhw plate heat exchanger especially when the power is off hasanyone have any ideas on how to fix problem as cheap as possible thanks

Start you own thread. You might get better response that way.

Sometimes its just the seals leaking and replacement will cure the problem.

But leaks in that area are not always easy for the untrained to trace to the real source.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back