Isolate F+E tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friends feed and expansion tank needs replacing the sides are soo week the ball cock bend it when full meaning over filling and possible overflow. If it is isolated on the feed to said ball cock how long do people think the tank will last?

i.e. how often does a F+E tank require filling?

Presumably its got something to do with time of year and how often the heatings on but what should I expect until the jobs sorted? 1 week 1 month 1 year?

Any help will be much appreiciatted, thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
christ its only an hours work ( if you take your time ) get it changed :rolleyes:

Yeah your right but its not for me, but a tight mate...

All i'm asking is how often the tank should fill up. If it filled every day would that mean there was a leak or that normal? For instance...

err the fact that the water is warm in the winter dont come into it then :?:

Presumably its got something to do with time of year and how often the heatings on but what should I expect until the jobs sorted? 1 week 1 month 1 year?

If you suggesting that you disconnect the heating f&e tank for any length of time whilst the heating system continues to be used then forget that idea!

It really doesnt take long to change the tank especially if its not being relocated.
In the meantime if it really is that heavy, bail out some water to drop the level a few inches then bend the ball valve float down to the same level, thus reducing the strain

If you suggesting that you disconnect the heating f&e tank for any length of time whilst the heating system continues to be used then forget that idea!

It really doesnt take long to change the tank especially if its not being relocated.
In the meantime if it really is that heavy, bail out some water to drop the level a few inches then bend the ball valve float down to the same level, thus reducing the strain

"If you suggesting that you disconnect the heating f&e tank for any length of time whilst the heating system continues to be used then forget that idea! "

Now we're getting somewhere.. Why is this the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back