Isolator Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a low voltage ventilation fan in the bathroom. I understand that I need a 3 pole isolator switch. Would it be ok to fit this switch in the loft space or does it need to be readily accessible?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Where is the fan? if the fan is an inline type in the loft put the isolator next to it, if its a ceiling mounted type, then put it near that in the room

Basic idea is when you are cleaning dust out of it or whatever it should be in your sight (unless lockable... but if thats the case then still should be accessable)

EDIT: Fixed for screwed up spelling and word use :oops:

Thanks Adam.

The fan is wall mounted directly over the bath along the ceiling line (hence LV). The switch to operate the fan is outside the bathroom on a 3 gang switch with the hall and bathroom lights. The switch wire then heads up the wall and into the attic. The existing live is taken from the bathroom lights.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back