Japan bombing 70 years on

L

longdogs

Its been all over the news for the past few days and the BBC in particular have adopted their usual one sided view. I'm sure that no one doubts that the Japanese people must have suffered beyond comprehension after the atom bomb was dropped on both Nagasaki & Hiroshima but the media seem to have overlooked the fact that Japan had involved itself in the war after the horrendous attack on Pearl Harbour. No one has mentioned Pearl Harbour. No one has mentioned all the POWs having their toe nails ripped off by evil Japanese soldiers.

Why so many programmes on British tv remembering the plight of the Japanese? I wonder if Japan shows programmes remembering the victims of Pearl Harbour?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure the reasons for the bomb were two fold......firstly, to prevent even more American sacrifice but secondly, Uncle Joe Stalin was very much in global attendance - therefore the Americans had to show that they meant business.
John :)

Those who decided to use the atomic bomb also considered how many Japanese would die if the war had continued to its bitter non nuclear end. It is beyond doubt that the total Japanese death toll would have been far higher than the death toll due to the atomic bombs and the subsequent deaths from radiation related illness.

While the war was being fought foriegn military landing on the Japanese island triggered civilian suicides. Most voluntary but on many islands the Japanese military insisted the civilians commited suicide or die fighting a hopeless resistance. Even conservative estimates of the number of civilians who would have committed suicide when foriegn forces landed on the Japanese Home Islands put the number of civilian deaths as four to five times the number that dies due to the atomic bombs.

Yes there was also the need to "impress" the Soviets but they already were well on the way to producing their own atomic weapons.

Were the Japanese working on atomic weapons in collaberation with the Germans ? Is there any truth in the rumours of a German submarine headed to Japan and loaded with the Uranium that the Germans were unable use before the war in Europe ended. ?

Sponsored Links
That's all propaganda to make the West feel better. Was there a need for a second bomb? Hardly.

Was there a need for a second bomb?
Yes because the Japanese military's "propaganda" to their own people was that the explosion at Hiro Shima was a meteorite strike. By leaking to the Japanese that the next massive explosion would be close to Naga Saki the allies were able to convince the population and, most importantly the Emperor, that the statements from the military about it being a meteorite that destroyed Hiro Shima were lies.

Civilians were also killed at Pearl Harbour.
And not forgetting the quarter of a million Chinese ,largely civilians , killed in retaliation for the Dolittle raid. The difference between civilian and military targets did blur considerably during the Second World War . Ultimately though horrific for those in Horisima and Nagasaki I think they have done us all a favour in that we can actually see the extent of the devistation and death surrounding atomic warfare rather that just being told that there is a bomb big enough to destroy a city so they have in their way contributed to the prevention of further nuclear conflict.

I'm going to ask what everyone is wanting to ask but won't, the big white elephant in the room. Why do japanese men have such tiny penises ?

The BBC (made up of mainly loony comics and foreigners) seem to have forgotten the reason why Japan was bombed. It's just as well that Britain didn't drop it otherwise we would be apologising forever more.

The BBC (made up of mainly loony comics and foreigners*) seem to have forgotten the reason why Japan was bombed. It's just as well that Britain didn't drop it otherwise we would be apologising forever more.
* To say nothing of trendy lefty-liberals.

Sponsored Links
Back