Japan bombing 70 years on

I once met an Indian who was rude. Therefore all Indians are rude. Assuming I use your logic
I am NOT saying that because the design of one item is poor quality and potential harmful to the user that all products designed in that country ( or manufacturer ) will be the same poor quality. That said the percentage of designs that are poor quality does seem to be significantly higher in countries where there is little regard for the quality ( or safety ) of life of the citizens of the country ( or for the employees of the company )

Without doubt they have low standards for workers rights. So did we, and we fought for better standards, and they will do the same.

Sponsored Links
and in the not too distant future, they will be the leaders in many areas of the modern world.

Given that you cannot provide examples of where they lead technologically, you are basing this on what, that they can knock out a load of cheap goods that we design, and 'might one day' be the inventors rather than the machine shop?

Conjecture and hyperbole.

but we are seeing electronic goods being designed and made in China. At first Chinese brands did not have the quality control of Western designed goods, but that is changing rapidly.

But again you name nothing nor provide no sources (well, other than a torch, wopee do).

K.

But they won't as they have the political will to succeed.

Their leaders main political aim is their retention of power, not the success of their country.

Their political system is what allowed them to make huge industrial leaps, but it is also what is already causing it to stagnate, technological invention and business innovation does not happen under corrupt controlling regime, but its good at creating a manufacturing powerhouse.

I think I mentioned earlier Chinese telecoms hardware from Huawei and others ie phones, masts, routers etc. Photographic goods such as camera tripods and mounts. Lenovo which I think is the biggest PC maker in the world. Those are some examples that come to mind. I'm not a big spender, so my knowledge of consumer goods is limited.

America, Russia and China, 3 great nations, America and the West still leads the world in technology and innovation, China has huge manufacturing capacity while Russia has vast natural resources if these countries could co-operate rather than compete against each other then every one would be better off.

and in the not too distant future, they will be the leaders in many areas of the modern world.

Given that you cannot provide examples of where they lead technologically, you are basing this on what, that they can knock out a load of cheap goods that we design, and 'might one day' be the inventors rather than the machine shop?

but we are seeing electronic goods being designed and made in China. At first Chinese brands did not have the quality control of Western designed goods, but that is changing rapidly.

But again you name nothing nor provide no sources (well, other than a torch, wopee do).

K.

Their leaders main political aim is their retention of power, not the success of their country.

Their political system is what allowed them to make huge industrial leaps, but it is also what is already causing it to stagnate, technological invention and business innovation does not happen under corrupt controlling regime, but its good at creating a manufacturing powerhouse.
China is a lot more Democratic than it was previously, they are doing it gradually unlike Russia which tried to introduce a western style Capitalist "democratic" system to quickly and caused social collapse.

Sponsored Links
America, Russia and China, 3 great nations, America and the West still leads the world in technology and innovation, China has huge manufacturing capacity while Russia has vast natural resources if these countries could co-operate rather than compete against each other then every one would be better off.

Russia is a good example of a country with, as you say, huge natural resources, but hampered by political corruption at the highest level, which means that it depends on extractive industries rather than manufacturing and technology. Of course China might not succeed for similar reasons.

Incidentally, to those who laugh at torches as an example of Chinese manufacturing, these things are CNC machined from solid aluminium alloy, and fitted with custom circuitry and high power LEDs. Not rocket science, but not basket weaving either.

K.

China is a lot more Democratic than it was previously, they are doing it gradually unlike Russia which tried to introduce a western style Capitalist "democratic" system to quickly and caused social collapse.

Don't you mean unlike Russia that sold off its assets cheap to top officials and their cronies, and then when the oligarchs didn't grovel, took control back.

China and similar low cost manufacturing industry can produce good quality items when they are manufacturing items under a strict contract with strong and enforcable terms as the the quality of the items. They have no option other than to comply or loose the contract. When the buyer accepts a contract with dubious and / or un-enforcable terms as to quality the manufacturers in low cost industry will cut corners and create low quality items. Where trhe manufacturer is also the marketing compnay there is probably no contract and if there is a contract then it is likely it sets no conditions about quality.

Should the independent quality testing by performed by a British house and the manufacturer accept their findings, or by an "independent" testing house in the country of manufacturer and the buyer accept the finding of that "independent " testing house. ?

K.

Don't you mean unlike Russia that sold off its assets cheap to top officials and their cronies, and then when the oligarchs didn't grovel, took control back.
The cause of the economic collapse in Russia under Boris Yeltsin was his attempt to introduce a western/capitalist type of economy under the guidance of the IMF, the World bank and the American state department, it was described as "economic shock therapy" or austerity, in the chaos of which ensued the criminal elements took advantage of the privatisation of state assets by rigging auctions using a combination of bribery and intimidation, state assets worth billions were sold for pennies in the pound.
While a criminal elite got rich ordinary Russians were reduced to selling their furniture on the streets, pensions went unpaid , savings lost their value in hyper inflation,millions lost their jobs, when Putin came to power he forced out some of these oligarchs not because they didn't grovel but because they were trying to use there financial power to manipulate the government of Russia, other oligarchs like Abramovich are still welcome in Russia because they don't get involved politics, funny enough the 2 most popular destinations for the crooked oligarchs who were kicked out of Russia was London and Israel.

K.

The cause of the economic collapse in Russia under Boris Yeltsin was his attempt to introduce a western/capitalist type of economy under the guidance of the IMF, the World bank and the American state department, it was described as "economic shock therapy" or austerity, in the chaos of which ensued the criminal elements took advantage of the privatisation of state assets by rigging auctions using a combination of bribery and intimidation, state assets worth billions were sold for pennies in the pound.
While a criminal elite got rich ordinary Russians were reduced to selling their furniture on the streets, pensions went unpaid , savings lost their value in hyper inflation,millions lost their jobs, when Putin came to power he forced out some of these oligarchs not because they didn't grovel but because they were trying to use there financial power to manipulate the government of Russia, other oligarchs like Abramovich are still welcome in Russia because they don't get involved politics, funny enough the 2 most popular destinations for the crooked oligarchs who were kicked out of Russia was London and Israel.

I don't disagree with a lot of that, but by all accounts Putin is as corrupt as the worst of them, as are his henchmen. There was a recent photo of one of his aides, wearing a watch that cost many times his annual salary. How's that 'appen then? :) I heard that the origin of Putin's money is not being investigated and that is for political reasons. London is popular presumably because London property is a good investment, the pound is a stable currency, and Britain is stable.

It is said that we were quick to encourage Russia to drop the Communist regime, but we did not support the transition, to be benefit of the people. Which supports what you said.

I think I mentioned earlier Chinese telecoms hardware from Huawei

A cheap budget brand, clap clap.

Photographic goods such as camera tripods and mounts.

OOOhhhhh!

Lenovo which I think is the biggest PC maker in the world. Those are some examples that come to mind. I'm not a big spender, so my knowledge of consumer goods is limited.

You mean the Lenovo which was a cheap budget Chinese knock-off, that bought out western companies and is now seeing massive profit drops.

Keep it up(y)

I think I mentioned earlier Chinese telecoms hardware from Huawei

A cheap budget brand, clap clap.

Photographic goods such as camera tripods and mounts.

OOOhhhhh!

Lenovo which I think is the biggest PC maker in the world. Those are some examples that come to mind. I'm not a big spender, so my knowledge of consumer goods is limited.

You mean the Lenovo which was a cheap budget Chinese knock-off, that bought out western companies and is now seeing massive profit drops.

Keep it up(y)

Trollin' trollin'. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back