jigsaw blades , whats all that about then?

T

thatbloke

i am looking for some blades for my makita 4340fct , i believe i need bayonet fitting blades? anyhow , looking at the different blades in screw fix and the like , or here where they seem to be cheapest

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/products.php?cat=Makita Jigsaw Blades

although there are descriptions of what the blades are ideal for , i was wondering if someone could shed some light on the difference in the actual blade? say between b-15 and b-16?

is it the number of teeth or something?

Sponsored Links
number off teeth 'set off teeth 'number off ground edges thickness of blade 'width off blade 'length off blade 'stamped blade[no grinding at all]'reverse cut blade

well you asked ;)

thanks big all , i guess i will have to buy a pack for each specific job. any manufacturer recommendations? or do i just need to stay away from none branded or cheap stuff?

bosch 101b or 101d or equivilent are my favorate
both for fine cut one designed for thicker material but both or the equivilent will give you a reasonable finnish in all wood based materials

what are you cutting!!

Sponsored Links
I was once given a good bit of advice about jig saws - Always take the blade out when you put it away. When you use it next time there is a chance you will select the right blade for the job in hand.

i will be cutting lots of things from 50mm rafters to seasoned oak.

the cut on the oak will depend a lot on how accurate your jigsaw is
still say 101 d or "b"s

definatly go for table or circular saw for strait cuts if avalable

if you're cutting oak get the bosch t144DP - very rigid blade that will give a reasonable cut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back