Joing UPVC side window to UPVC door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a new UPVC back door and frame to my back shed with frame fixers and I'm waiting on a re-ordered side window as the supplier got the original measurements for the window 40mm too wide for the opening.

What is the best way to fix the side window to the door frame? I was advised to run a bead of mastic up the side of the two frames before I join them. I will install the cosmetic slip to hide the joint and help weatherproof it.

I was planning to use 60mm wood screws to screw from the side window into the door frame to secure it from that side then expanding foam and maybe two frame fixers into the wall on the other side.

Does any of that make sense??

Sponsored Links
Normally you would use an aluminum coupler (with cover trims) and the window size would be deducted to allow for it.

If its too late to do that ask your window supplier if they have a 3mm thick PVC coupler, Not ideal as there is no strength in it but it will do the job for a shed. Then as you say drill and screw in both directions (from the door side and the window side).
You will probably want 70-80mm screws though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back