Joining EPDM to mineral felt.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask what everyones opinions are on making a joint between EPDM and what I think is green mineral felt? I have no choice but to do it this way if I use EPDM and a search on here indicates it's perhaps not a good idea to make a joint between the two.

All the posts i could see about it were a few years ago and I was wondering if anything had changed. Obviously that joint is likely to be the weakest point, but how weak?

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't really be joined to be honest. The join needs to be at least the highest point between the two roofs to get away with it.

Hmm, sounds like a bad idea then. There is the added complication of a chimney in the way. Think I'll leave it in favour of felt then.

Cheers.

Hmm, sounds like a bad idea then. There is the added complication of a chimney in the way. Think I'll leave it in favour of felt then.

Cheers.

Yeah I would mate. 3 layers of dogs bollocks felt will leave it lasting an eternity matey

Sponsored Links

Cheers.

Yeah I would mate. 3 layers of dogs bollocks felt will leave it lasting an eternity matey

Problem now is getting someone not at all like nextdoors roofer......right mess he made....of the roof and my car.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back