Joining New Toilet To Cast Iron Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're just having the bathroom done and the new toilet connection currently looks like this:-
https://goo.gl/photos/6o5h4xFnLzAWbE219

This looks a bit messy to me and was wondering if there was any way of making it look better/neater?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As above, cut the cast iron socket off and you may be able to use the same fittings if you're lucky.

Sponsored Links
Probably, yes, but I didn't know that at the time. A plumber did the work, but I'm thinking there might be a way to tidy it up a bit more.

I would have moved the supply to come up below the cistern and used copper.
I would have removed the CI socket also!!
And screwed the pan down.

There's nothing wrong with using a flexi supply.
I'm assuming that there's an isolator just off camera?

You could easily pull the WC, its not been fixed to the floor (& wall?) and cut the hub with a 9" angle grinder.
You dont have tile or decorations done, so I'd do it now.

The pan connector is not making a good connection to the pan spigot, and after cutting the hub you might have a lower connection to make into the pipe in the wall.
Perhaps an offset connector would do the trick better than the present connector?

If you intend to tile the wall then the tile will bring you back a few mm's - tile the wall esp around the soil pipe before setting the pan.

There's nothing wrong with using a flexi supply.

Except that it looks as rough as fook!!

It looks to be in keeping with the rest of the install though!!

Fookin CC's and CCC's !!

:LOL: the flexi trap strikes again. I suggested flexis once and got shot down:unsure:

Last edited:
So everyone's impressed then? (y)

In fairness, he's worked really hard and done a good job with everything else and it's looks nice overall. Do you think it's reasonable to ask for it to be tidied up a bit then?

I'm not too bothered about the flexi pipe, as I think it looks quite neat. Should I be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back