joining wood 2 wood guttering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hmmm, ive got wooden guttering n so has my neighbours; lol, should i use lead to join my new wooden guttering to there's or bodge it with some gunk.

any offers plse :)

Sponsored Links
So its already joined and just leaking at the join :?:

Deffo wood and not asbestos maybe?

yup its leaking at the joint; the original wood trough is rooten n spliting; plus its shrank with age so there's a large gap to bridge now (5 mm's).

some 1 has tried that foil backed stuff with gunk but it failed badly to joint it, mmm i dont mind replacing with a new wood trough wood but i was wondering how to join the new wood with the neighbours troughing, is lead the answer of something else?
thx m8 :)

i was sceptical about wood guttering the first time i saw it written about on here.
but if you search back, quite a few pages, there is a good link to wood guttering on this forum.

Sponsored Links
thanks nose all ur a good bloke:)

up 'ere in lancs we have loads of houses that have wooden (yup trees) guttering, problems always arise on terraces when people ; my neigbour, go plastic. lol.

Bitumen mastic, with some fibreglass scrim embedded on the join is a good solution and i will give it a go tommorrow.

thx again guys :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back