Junior 28i Issues after work

no air came out the boiler
where did you release the air from ?

i would advise ( because of forum rules ) you to get a REPAIR engineer out to have a look because it could be just a coincidence a fault has happened when the boiler was disturbed .

Sponsored Links
Jesus. Let's just stop all diy. I get safety. I'm in a trade myself. But it's a diy forum, maybe it's only for posts about Nest and Hive?
If we apply this logic to everything, no one would ever do anything themselves. Change a wheel on your car? What about the poor mechanic, who last worked on it, and torqued your wheel. He could be fired!
Let's all use the AA etc if we ever get a flat tyre. Because safety. The wheel could fall off, causing a major motorway pile up. Killing untold.

I've got an alarm right next to the boiler.
The boiler is 3 years old. The cover seal is not perished.
I'll be getting the work checked before we move in. I just wanted to fire it up, to know it's working again.

@Rom: I'm not a clip-board-waving safety freak and my post was not aimed specifically at you! We get a hell of a lot of ppl posting on here about removing the cover from their room sealed boilers and then the RGIs on here post back that they shouldn't! I just wanted to go a bit further than the 'rules are rules' standpoint.

As for your motoring analogy, I get your point but... by law, a vehicle has to have an MOT safety and road worthiness check every year... a boiler doesn't (unless you're a landlord). So, some installs we attend may not have had professional attention for many years!

where did you release the air from ?

i would advise ( because of forum rules ) you to get a REPAIR engineer out to have a look because it could be just a coincidence a fault has happened when the boiler was disturbed .

From this tube poking upwards, which is what the manual lists under filling procedure. Vent tube from heat exchanger it lists it as. Ensuring its pointed away from electrics (I put the tube into a bottle)

20161203_091130_zpsrg2rptgv.jpg

You can close the water flow from this tube, then there's a positive click as the valve twists fully shut. Assuming this shouldn't be left unlocked as it were.

@Rom: I'm not a clip-board-waving safety freak and my post was not aimed specifically at you! We get a hell of a lot of ppl posting on here about removing the cover from their room sealed boilers and then the RGIs on here post back that they shouldn't! I just wanted to go a bit further than the 'rules are rules' standpoint.

As for your motoring analogy, I get your point but... by law, a vehicle has to have an MOT safety and road worthiness check every year... a boiler doesn't (unless you're a landlord). So, some installs we attend may not have had professional attention for many years!

Fair enough mate. I do understand your points. And I fully appreciate not every one with access to the internet is of the same ability or common sense levels!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back