Just damaged brand new table, best way to repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have just had a new dining table delivered, trying to do something good I thought I'd put it together for my wife getting home, unfortunately I have damaged it a little bit. Basically I extended it from 4 seater to 6, there's little spikes which support the middle section but I obviously didn't have 1 lined up with its hole and it has pierced the veneer.
I'm wondering what I can do with this, it doesn't look too bad but I don't it to be a weak point in the veneer which will just get worse.
I'm thinking maybe smearing it in superglue so that it doesn't start to peel away? I'm not sure how superglue reacts with veneer though. Anybody have any suggestions?
I have attached a picture, to be honest it probably looks worse in real life. 20160716_142230.jpg
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The veneer is unlikely to peel away and using superglue will make a bad situating much worse and call attention to the bodge. As B-A says the solution is coloured wax stick - although I'd recommend getting a proper furniture repair type by Liberon, Mylands or Konig rather than the kid's crayons which are a bit more difficult to buff out. For a dark table choose a slightly darker colour as it will be less noticeable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back