Just had my boiler disconnected due to undersized pipes HELP

So now its incomplete combustion? It was incorrect a minute ago?

If the ratio and Co2 are correct then how can the ppm reading be that high?

In reality the only appliances that will be affected by very low inlet pressures are non-governed appliances like cookers.

Sponsored Links
Mate im not making this up if you have a greenstar (unfortunate) go and turn down your MCV so say inlet working pressure is 3mb then put it into service mode and check with your analyser the CO PPM will be high, the CO2 % will be lower than in MI's,

some one do it, ive come across in real life, not in a training centre, the inlet working pressure was alo 3mb at the meter, rang transco, changed govenor, tested again all spot on CO PPm below 200 CO2% 9.1, guys its true, if im wrong what the **** happened someone expalin 2 me pls

Sorry, am hijacking post-haven't it all. But welcome back to Bengasman. haven't seen you post on here for ages. Thought they let inmates have access to laptops and i-phones so you can't have been in prison. Where you been? Good to see you back. Rojaca

Thanks Roja. Bot been on for a while, simply because other things had a higher priority. Only so many hours in a day. It's also a bit just getting a bit bored. I go through phases, and simply need something else to keep me interested.
When you leave things like this totally alone for a while, it is all new and fresh, and thus more interesting.
Maybe I should have stayed quite; since I mentioned that it might cost money to get this sorted, the op has not posted a word.

Sponsored Links
Whilst that interpretation is fine as far as the boiler is concerned, the real situation is that often a cooker is on the same undersized supply pipe and losing half the supply pressure suddenly can cause the cooker flame to go out.

That possibility should then be classed as Immediately dangerous.
fine cap cooker leave boiler turned off and if she wish to take the riskl it`s hers to take but she can use micro waver short term

For the record, on any pre-mix or blown gas burner, Carbon Monoxide WILL be higher in the event of Insufficient OR EXCESS Air! - Fact! ;)

Whilst that interpretation is fine as far as the boiler is concerned, the real situation is that often a cooker is on the same undersized supply pipe and losing half the supply pressure suddenly can cause the cooker flame to go out.

The fact that the cooker CAN go out, makes it AR, as it is only a possibility.

We've wandered from the point.

He should not have capped your supply, but it's hard to see how anyone can legally reinstate it without fixing the fault. I suppose you need a competent and kind hearted man there! Are you quite sure about the pressure at the meter?

For the record, on any pre-mix or blown gas burner, Carbon Monoxide WILL be higher in the event of Insufficient OR EXCESS Air! - Fact! ;)
That is interesting. It seems totally illogical that the combustion process would be hindered by more than the minimum amount of oxygen needed. How does that work?

There is an ideal air/fuel ratio for all combustion. Get away from this, and combustion is incomplete, leaving excess oxygen [= low carbon dioxide] and high carbon monoxide, itself a [very dangerous] result of incomplete combustion. With inadequate air, of course you get high everything; carbon dioxide and monoxide, and soot.

In practice, all burners are set to a small amount of excess air to be on the safety side.

Insufficient air yes, incomplete combustion will occur and raise the Co levels. This in turn will put the FGA readings out. Chances are the burner will baffle out.

Excess air will lower efficiency but cant see how Co will increase. They are setup to run with a certain amount of excess air anyway.

If it can be logically explained rather than just "cos ive seen it" im willing to learn. :D

...leaving excess oxygen [= low carbon dioxide] and high carbon monoxide, .....

Your argument appears to be based on the efficiency reading of an FGA. A SE fanned flue boiler will give a “low” carbon dioxide reading as a percentage of the flue gas. Low carbondioxide does not automatically mean high CO. in this case it means that the CO2 reading is “low” because there is actually an overmeasure of O2 and nitrogen in the fluegas.

The fact that the cooker CAN go out, makes it AR, as it is only a possibility.
ben read 5.10 6th editon unsafe sits cooker can be id if the engineer makes that call fsd would make more ar sit with out id may be more approtiate but it jugment call
and if minmum gas rate can be met then can be ncs
to op what was the gas rate of your boiler and what boiler is it

Yes, CO2 and O2 vary inversely with each other.

But, incomplete combustion due to too much or too little air will give high CO. Excess air causes quenching and incomplete combustion.

Just try starving a boiler of gas with your analyser connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back