Just plaster or asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I appreciate that merely looking at photographs cannot give a definite answer, but I was wondering if anybody with experience could please give their opinion on whether the plaster in the photos below could contain asbestos?

I've been assured that they won't, should I have any doubts?

Many thanks in advance.
Hall.jpg
Bedroom 1.jpg
Bedroom 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
As you say no one can give a definite answer just looking but to me it just looks like a normal old plaster on brick wall with typical 1930's two tone green or green and cream paint job.(y)
Any particular reason you are worried?

Thank you footprints. I recently learnt that the soffits, under-cloaking and outside toilet cistern all contain asbestos. I've been given expert opinion that the walls and ceilings in the house are fine, but struggling with the fact that they haven't actually been tested.

Soffits are very common as are garage roofs (I have both!) however that does not suggest it will be used in large quantities elsewhere in a house of normal construction.
I imagine the cistern is one of the old black plastic looking ones very common, but because the fibres are extremely well bonded it will pose no risk to anyone in normal use.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back