Kangoo emissions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our '99 Kangoo 1.4 petrol has failed the MOT emissions test. The CO is over the limit, and HC is marginal.

The thing has never been quite right since the Tesco fuel debacle a couple of years ago. Both the Cat and lambda sensor were changed last year, about 25,000 miles ago.

The garage have played with it for a bit, but to no avail. Even the 'Italian tune-up' blast along the A303, and re-check before the cat cooled down didn't do the job this time. They are suggesting changing either the Lambda sensor (again), or the Temperature sensor, or both.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
It could be anything - temp sensor, air filter, plugs, lambda sensor, cat to name a few.
Is the management light on?

Sponsored Links
I haven't got the actual figures, they haven't failed the car yet - More like a pre- test than an MOT.

They pointed out the big red areas on the analyser screen, but, naturally it was oriented for the convenience of the tester, not viewing from the observation area, so I couldn't read the actual numbers. The CO display stayed permanently red, and they could persuade the HC to pass or fail at will with a small tweak of the throttle. They were willing to redo the test 'next time i'm passing - it might come out all right then' implying they consider the problem is marginal.

The thing had a full service about 5,000 miles ago. Good point about the air filter and plugs, though.

No management light or fault codes come up.

Back