kenmore washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a kenmore 80 series with a model # 110.26822682 having a few problems. when i turn it on the drum fills but does not stop filling. the machine does not kick into agitation mode. then when i move the dial to stop it from filling to rinse and spin the drum does empty. what can you think that the problem could be??

Sponsored Links
If you shut the washer off does it stop filling? If yes, check the water level switch. It is responsible for switching the power from fill to agitate when the water level in the tub has been satisfied. Also check the air tube that the level switch is connected to for cracks or splits. If your washer keeps filling even after you shut it off you will have to replace the fill valve.

yes when i shut the washer off it does stop filling. it sounds like what you said it being the water level switch could be the problem. here is my next question?? where is the water level switch located at?? is it behind the switches on the top side of the washer where the sweitches are or do i have top take apart the washer itself to find the problem?? please advise and thanks so much for answering my first question!! :D

The water level switch is behind the control panel. It is the switch that lets you pick the load size. If you remove the plastic moldings at each end of the control panel, it should show you the screws you need to remove to access the switch.

Sponsored Links
Kenmore washing machine is one of my favorite machines since it is very easy to operate. We had the same problem before. What I did was I switched off the machine and I checked the water level. When I noticed that the water volume is low, then I added some more water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back