keston c55 fault code ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just finished installing a keston c55 gravity fed boiler. When i turn it on it starts to release air then a 0 19 code comes up and it does nothing. The pump turns on but no ignition then nothing

Any experience with these boilers?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Have you given it enough time to get rid of all the air?

Including bleeding the pump?

Tony

Yes
i have reset it about 10 times and aired the pump. Can't see the fault code on the manual

Every time i rest i can hear a little air at the boiler maybe i should just keep reseting?
Have you given pt enough time to get rid of all the air?

Including bleeding the pump?

Tony

A 19 fault code is temp exceeding 95'C or flow temp too high the 00 part could be no outside demand. Check overheat stats on flue and boiler.
Needs all the air out of h/ex for it to run ok.

Sponsored Links
its not firing up at all, must be air

I will keep reseting it tomorow to see

It's on a programmer. If the programmer calls for heat and the motorised valves come on does this mean the boiler should activate or could there be something wrong with the wiring?

Thanks for help

A 19 fault code is temp exceeding 95'C or flow temp too high the 00 part could be no outside demand. Check overheat stats on flue and boiler.
Needs all the air out of h/ex for it to run ok.

The code 0 19 isn't a fault code. (Fault codes are either b for transient or occasional faults, or E for major ones.)

It is saying that you have got no demand, and the internal temperature of the boiler is 19 degrees. If there is no demand - it won't do anything - it will sit there until it gets an input (switched live) on either SL1 or 2.

If you are giving it a demand, when you reset the boiler, does the 0 change - i.e. go 1 then 2 and then go back to 0, or does it just stay at 0 and do nothing?

D...

Ahh...the temp that makes sense.I can't remember what it does when reset i will check out tomorow . It seems to just sit there showing the temp

Don't think it is asking for heat even though the motorised valves are coming on

thanks
The code 0 19 isn't a fault code. (Fault codes are either b for transient or occasional faults, or E for major ones.)

It is saying that you have got no demand, and the internal temperature of the boiler is 19 degrees. If there is no demand - it won't do anything - it will sit there until it gets an input (switched live) on either SL1 or 2.

If you are giving it a demand, when you reset the boiler, does the 0 change - i.e. go 1 then 2 and then go back to 0, or does it just stay at 0 and do nothing?

D...

I'd check that the switched live from the valves is properly connected to the SL1 and/or SL2 on the boiler, and that when the valves are demanding (open), they are supplying a signal for the boiler to fire.

If you open the valves manually, they won't give a live signal to the boiler - the programmer/thermostats needs to power the valve open to get the SL demand signal on the valves that I've come across.

D...

okay

I will check the supplies it was the sparky who wired it so don't know myself at the moment.

Cheers

Will let you know how i get on:)
I'd check that the switched live from the valves is properly connected to the SL1 and/or SL2 on the boiler, and that when the valves are demanding (open), they are supplying a signal for the boiler to fire.

If you open the valves manually, they won't give a live signal to the boiler - the programmer/thermostats needs to power the valve open to get the SL demand signal on the valves that I've come across.

D...

Why on earth would you fit a Keston anyway? They are junk fit only for the scrapheap!

Why on earth would you fit a Keston anyway? They are junk fit only for the scrapheap!

Hmm...that's helpful.

Sometimes we get 'advised' by the 'professionals' ... :D ... that they are good boilers, othertimes it's just what we find in the cupboard when we move in.

We've had ours for 3 and half years, with faultless behaviour - and although it's had couple of problems in the last couple of months, I would guess that's no different to any other boiler (from reading on here).

However, I have to say that Keston customer support are completely and utterly s**t.

D...

DGR wrote

Of course he is correct and my head is up me bum (bad cold) it is as he says no switched live to boiler. Doh!

Often a less reliable boiler with a long and rapid response from the makers is better than a reliable boiler with no spares available and a long wait for a warrantee engineer!

The Kestons are probably more reliable than many boilers on a MBTF basis.

However, the problems is that when they do fail its often the fan or main heat exchanger both of which cost almost as much as a new boiler.

Thats coupled with an engineer response measured in weeks and no spares anywhere else apart from Bromley!

I still dont know if the OP is a CORGI installer or an illegal DIYer!

Tony

Hi
I have just finished installing a keston c55 gravity fed boiler. When i turn it on it starts to release air then a 0 19 code comes up and it does nothing. The pump turns on but no ignition then nothing

Any experience with these boilers?

Cheers

daveeeg, did you get any solution to this problem?
i woke up to find the same one myself today
the boiler will fire and run when the heating is switched on but not with just the hot water switched on.
then it merely goes back to display 0 19
does this indicate a problem with the control box on the hall wall or the thermostat in the sealed water tank
or is it not that simple?

any advice would be greatly appreciated by my wife
i personally think that hot water is overrated :)

cheers nickabanana

You should start your own thread.

Assuming you have a heat only boiler as well then the fault is not a boiler problem but a system fault and probably a motorised valve failed.

You can probably manually latch it open to get hot water when the heating is on.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back