Keyless Entry Nissan Micra, Flat Battery, How Do I Get In?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an 04 Nissan Micra with keyless entry. The problem is the battery has gone flat so I can't get inside with the fob and there's no keyhole! Therefore I can't pull the open bonnet lever. Is there any way I can get the bonnet up from the outside?

Or is there anyway to get into the car? There is a little key symbol on the passenger door handle and a hole underneath the handle but there's a black bit in the hole so the key can't fit! Ah

Sponsored Links
is there not an emergency key on your fob/card type thingy.

on the keyless scenic theres a cover plate on the passenger door handle that reveals a lock that you use the key in, the key is hidden as part of the battery cover on the remote.

according to a quick googe on "emergency micra entry"

"On the passenger side of the K12, on the keyless entry ones, you can remove a keyhole cover to allow you to insert the key, for when the battery is flat. You can then put your hand over the back seats to get at the low-down seat release levers and fold seats forward.

On the K11 the release levers are at the top."

Hi

yes there is a key in the fob. The problem is where to stick it in!! The passenger side handle has got a key symbol on and has a rubber click button but this doesn't look like it comes out. Then there is a little rectangle underneath the handle which when I try and put the key in only about the tip goes in because there is a bit of black plastic . I'm wondering if in the past this black bit was actually a cover and has been forced inside that now it's not going to come out?

Jack car up.

Find jump leads

Positive onto the main starter terminal

Negative onto the subframe (for example)

Power!

Sponsored Links
Managed to get to the emergency key hole by sliding half the passenger door handle off :) battery now on charge! Thanks for your help

Managed to get to the emergency key hole by sliding half the passenger door handle off :) battery now on charge! Thanks for your help

I have the same problem - except that this is with my daughter's car, which I've borrowed! However, I can't find any emergency key in the fob - and I know that she only has the one key fob. Any suggestions very welcome - this could be a matter of life or death!

if battery goes flat or if powrsource interrupted ie hen fitting new battery micras go into anti theft mode the car thinks its being stolen youll find ignition turns on lights come on but wont start nothing sometimes usually if this happens disconnect battery terminal leave for an hour connect terminal negative if I rembr car should go theres a30 sec interval from when new batt is connected and as micra batt terminals are a pain it usually takes longer than that then getting in to car and startingalso nissans have live circuit ie even when ignition is off my rear number plate light which is in bumper failed due to wire needing soldered after fixing reconnecting I put terminals on wrong way round blew a fuse which u need to remove passenger headlight grill loosen bumper to gain access to its in front of battery under black box couldn't be more awkward if they tried be warned

Sponsored Links
Back