Kia Fuel rail Sensor ID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to chnge the FRP sensor, although I know it could be a faulty pump. I can locate plenty of sensors for the model, but the numbers slightly differ. I need a 93077512A, and I keep coming accross what looks look identical but with the last three numericals being 508. I am hoping :rolleyes: that these digits refer to a production location or similar and aren't critical.

I would be grateful for any help.

BTW Kia are no help as they say you must change the whole rail - quoted (via garage) £650 + VAT. Supply only:evil:

Sponsored Links
What's the problem with the vehicle, Fireman?
Did Kia say why the complete rail should be renewed? Can't figure that one!
John :)

Just page down to see part numbers but does it look similar to this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...OR-/321705094783?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

That is it.! With the correct number.! I am sure that I have seen that ad, the sensor had a different number, and I used the chart below for comaptability, and it wasn't! Maybe this is a different or new entry. I shall order one and hope it does the trick.
Incedentally, the compatability chart is obscured by warning boxes, so I can't use it:evil:. But I am sure it is right.

Many Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
What's the problem with the vehicle, Fireman?
Did Kia say why the complete rail should be renewed? Can't figure that one!

Thanks for responding John.
It had been juddering, an threatening to cut out. We had a leaky injector, and "coke" around the seal. That was stripped and cleaned.To be fair, my sons mate had put his gizmo on previously and said 2 sensors were duff. I was hoping this was all down to the leak:rolleyes:.
Anyway car was okay for a day, then played up again. Took it back to the garage who diagnosed with their analyser (?).
The system said: a) replace sensor. b) If that fails replace pump.
The garage tried to get a price from Kia for the sensor, but Kia said they only sell it with the rail. At about £650 + VAT
One ebay seller has what appears to be a cut and paste repeating this, apparently because you can break it by splitting them! It does seem a pointless warning, as what is there to lose if the alternative is binning without trying.? He said a pump would be about a grand, fitted, if it was needed. He said he would try to source sensor elsewhere, but reported he couldn't. He wasn't trying to push for expensive repair,TBH
Anyway, car struggled a day or so, then on a morning it moved nearly off the drive and cut out, so pushed it back on again, and it's still there.

I've bought another motor, as wife and son share it (son the most grrrr), and it is vital to be reliable.

What I don't know is if the sensor is faulty, or properly reporting a fault, but it seems from t'internet that they are a regular problem. A respected mechanic neigbour/freind says thtere is no real way of testing them, or temp. bypassing to see if car starts. Is he right?

Thanks again

Just an upate, as I appreciate the help. Changed the sensor, car started, but still lumpy. Long story short: replaced fuel fiter then the air filter. Now running sweetly.

Thanks again
Anyone want to buy a Kia?:sneaky::)

Just an upate, as I appreciate the help. Changed the sensor, car started, but still lumpy. Long story short: replaced fuel fiter then the air filter. Now running sweetly.

Thanks again
Anyone want to buy a Kia?:sneaky::)

Final Update: SOLD! to We Buy Any Pile Of Carp. Didn't want a private buyer banging on my door. They actually paid £550 more than Money4YourMotors final offer, even after the iduculous £50 "admin fee".

Sorted!
The car must have been slow as hell I guess.....that's the usual signs of blocked filters.
Off your hands, anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back