Kids 6v Ride On Bike Will Only Go In Reverse, Help Please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a 6v ride on motor bike for my little girl as a present from her newly arrived sister, it hasn't been used much but after a little friend of her's was riding it it'll now only go in reverse.

It has a forwards and backwards switch, which my hubby has checked is connected properly - any clues, help, or ideas who'd be able to repair it in the North London / Watford Area?

Sponsored Links
so so many things it could be
does it just not move[powerup] in reverse or does it still go forward??

Hi - Thanks for responding, everything works, except when you flick the switch for it to go forwards, and depress the pedal nothing happens. When you put the switch in to the reverse position, it works fine. Have checked the connections (as best we can) and are a bit stumped!

it could be wired with the 2/4 wires to the switch crossed over on the switch
iff you access the back off the reverse switch do the wires seem to cross over from one side off the switch to the other diagonal probably in an X patern

Sponsored Links
Pics of the switch connections & make & model of the bike might help :)

Hi - Thanks both for your replies. Just to clarify, the bike worked fine in both forwards and reverse, then just stopped going forwards. When in reverse mode it works fine, just when you flick the switch to forwards mode it won't move. We've had a look at the switch and no wires are loose or swapped over.

I'll get some pictures and load up tomorrow, thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back