Kitchen Carcass sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm planning on changing the doors on my kitchen and was looking at a couple of places that do made to measure doors, but the problem is they are all vinyl wrapped wheras I want a better quality door - painted.

These are much harder to find as made to measure unless I'm paying a lot of money.

The problem with 'off the shelf' is that my cabinets and doors seem to be slightly odd sizes, for example my wall units are 905mm high for the unit and the door is 904mm. Standard seems to be 900mm high and 895mm high doors.

Does this sound right or is my measuring tape on the fritz? Any experience of fitting a 895mm door to a 905mm cabinet?

Sponsored Links
It's a few mm short you could loose a couple of mm at the bottom and the rest at the top where it may not notice. Are you sure your cupboards have not expanded due to water or heat damage? Vinyl wrap does tend to melt.

Pretty sure its not he effect of heat or moisture, all the units are perfectly square and dimensions are consistent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back