kitchen ceramic monobloc tap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
kitchen ceramic monobloc tap leaks , either very slow steady drip from shrouds, or sometimes it leaks from spout when I turn on hot tap. This stops when I turn cold tap on/off quickly, but still a slow leak from where shrouds join.
I took off shroud of hot tap and there's a ceramic cartridge which seems to be like white plastic all over - it's not in Lunn's site. Tap is about 5 years old.
I have photos but I can't put them up here easily; I can send them via hotmail if you think you could help.

Since taking shroud off, sometimes the hot tap overshoots when I turn it off and "reopens" till i turn it back on itself.

I have no idea how to take apart any other aspect of the tap. if you take cartridge out you can look down the metal work but i can't see where the cartridge has been sitting very clearly.

Can anyone help? much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the rapid reply.
I looked at cartridge when I removed it but couldn't find crack. It did twist right round on itself, though, more than a quarter turn. I just assumed that would be stopped in some way at a quarter turn when cartridge back in situ.

Is there something I can do to cartridge if it's not cracked, to repair it? As I say I can't find anything similar at Lunn's site, and it'll be a *** having to replace entire tap!!

you could try stripping down the ceramics and giving the surfaces a clean with tooth paste.ive had this problem with ceramic taps before and its near impossible to get spares to fit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jona, I'll give it a try! If not...new tap, and I think Ill have to get someone in to fit it. Thanks for responding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back