Kitchen end panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the midst of fitting a kitchen and have a question that I cant seem to find the answer to regarding end panels........

I have a run of base and wall units that both butt up to a tall oven unit (see pic).

The carcass is light oak coloured and the doors and end panels are painted oak.

I know I will have to fit an end panel to one side of the oven unit, but is it stardard practice to have another end panel between the base/wall units and the tall over unit?

Attachments

• cupboard.jpg
    cupboard.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 206
Sponsored Links
You don't have to. If you do fit a middle end panel you'll have a gap between the doors which will look odd.

If you don't want the carcase to show you could cut down an end panel and only have it between the worktop and top cupboards.

You don't actually have to fit end panels if you're happy with the look of the side of the oven housing, but in that regard, if you're covering one side of the housing, then you should think about doing both. In that respect, I would fit it top to bottom rather than just in the gap, as that would give a cleaner look. Obviously, the end panel should come out far enough to then sit along the line of the doors giving you a clean line along the face of the units.

Are you fitting end panels to the other end of the run, as you need a degree of consistency.

Sponsored Links
Therein lies the conundrum when fitting end panels. They are a total different way of installing a kitchen, as they not only hide panels that don't look good, but they also give an enclosing look to a kitchen, hence why they come out to the line of the door.

Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back