Kitchen light fitting problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our kitchen sitting in the pelmet near the ceiling we have a free standing 18 inch (450 mm) fluorescent light fitting with its own on/off switch which apparently needs replacing.

The markings on it are that it is made by INTERLINK 15W 0.20A and its part number INT 2815. Made in England.

I have unable to find it anywhere.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Yes, I had spoken to Interlink in that link and they said they are not the same Interlink.

This is a kitchen specific light fitting.

And yes, on the face of it anything would do but there is a pair of them and we would like them to be the same. They can be linked if needed.

Thanks for help
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
I had this problem with the under cabinet lights in my kitchen, turned out the only replacement lamps I could get for them were really really white

Just ripped them all out and put 3 new ones in. Cost a little more, but took about 15 minutes, about a quarter of the time it took to try and find a lamp

I had this problem with the under cabinet lights in my kitchen, turned out the only replacement lamps I could get for them were really really white

Just ripped them all out and put 3 new ones in. Cost a little more, but took about 15 minutes, about a quarter of the time it took to try and find a lamp

Thanks. That's very reassuring. I think the original function of these fittings was under cabinet lights but they are being used as up lights above the pelmet. They are free standing sitting in the pelmet so there wouldn't be any ripping out to do, just unplug them.

Do you happen to know what make yours are please?

Thanks
JamesEB

If I was to do it again, I'd probably put the LAP led strips in though, solves this problem in the future
What does this mean please?

Thanks and yes these are the type of thing we have.

Thanks for help
JamesEB

If they are uplighters which can't be seen just buy regular T8 fittings - much cheaper per foot than those small linkable ones.

If I was to do it again, I'd probably put the LAP led strips in though, solves this problem in the future
What does this mean please?

Thanks and yes these are the type of thing we have.

Thanks for help
JamesEB

I mean use something like this

http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-viva-...72scQS0JqHMJdWflply5x2KMhnl0cYH3M1!-43334725#

as the LEDs will likely last a REALLY long time, probably longer than your current kitchen, so will stop the problem of trying to find replacement tubes

Thanks that is a good idea. Ours use just standard fluorescent tubes 450mm 15W so is not a problem for us at the moment.

Would change to the LEDS if we had to replace the fittings. Thanks for the tip.

JamesEB

If they are uplighters which can't be seen just buy regular T8 fittings - much cheaper per foot than those small linkable ones.

Thanks and that is a good idea. At the moment we are trying to replace one of a pair and don't want any odd ones and we have four pairs throughout the kitchen. This was done by the original kitchen fitter but any future ones can be just regular fittings as you suggest.

JamesEB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back