kitchen refot - help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
firstly apologies if this is in the wrong forum - if so please tell me and i will repost.

Ok, so I intend on undertaking a full kitchen replacement in the new year ---- where do I start??

I need everything replacing from the floor (currently laminate - which goes under the units --god only knows what horros are beneath it!) - to sockets being moved and added, plumbing replaced, radiators moved and pipes being chased into walls (therefore walls being plastered!)

I had a quote in june for £2950 (inc was removing old kitchen, removing coving, plastering walls and ceiling, reloacting electrical points, fit new kitchen, lay 16sq mtrs of floor tiles)
Since then the design has changed slightly - will probably replace the floor with laminate not tiles but will also need extra electrical sockets and some extra units to be fitted

So - where do I start - ceiling? electrical points - rip out kitchen?
Thanks for any help!!

Sponsored Links
Rip out the kitchen first, followed by the 1st fix electrics and plumbing chased into the walls as required, then re-plaster the walls, fit the new kitchen, 2nd fix electrics and plumbing and then lay the flooring. Simples !!

Make sure you have made a final decision on the layout of the Kitchen , then get a Plan drawn up (overhead Plan ideally) then if you are getting Sparkies/Plumbers in they will advise you what wants putting where for a 1st fix - get this bit right makes for an easy 2nd fix

OR if you are doing the work yourself , Post the Plan on here and ask for some advice

Lucky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back