Kitchen unit cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had a new kitchen fitted and we have noticed the cupboards sides above either side of the cooker have began to bubble, after only 2 months. The problem would seem to come from the steam from the cooker.

We bought this cooker hood, but all it was, was an empty cupboard. So how does this work, do I buy a speacil flat extractor and cut into the bottom of this cupboard?

Cheers

Wickes Rockford Cooker Hood Unit Walnut 600mm

Product Code: 193200
Cabinet Material: Melamine-faced Chipboard
Kitchen Range: Rockford
Door Material: Paper-wrapped MDF
Years Guaranteed: 10 yrs
Depth: 307 mm
Height: 385 mm
Width: 600 mm
Colour: Walnut/White
Type: Cooker Hood
Weight: 10 kg
Brand Name: Wickes

Sponsored Links
It's just a cooker hood unit mate....you'll need the extractor part to fit inside.
Often enough, the cupboard front fits to the front of the extractor as a decor panel, which also switches the thing on.
John :)

Yes old one was like that but this cupboard has a normal cupboard door and opens left to right, not up and over like cook hood type,

I can only assume the filter sticks on the bottom and the extract goes through cupbaords and out

Sponsored Links
Yep, that's the way....there needs to be a suitable distance between the hob and the extractor, obviously.
I think 650mm sounds about right but best to check.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back